FOOD NEWS: SM Megamall - Mega Food Sale
Foodies unite and head to SM Megamall for a food fight, well I mean to have a amazing food trip in one of the biggest mall in the Philippines, SM Megamall which is filled with food establishments from every corner. This August, the SM Mega Food Sale this August 17,18, 19, 2012 commences and becomes days of Food Olympics!
I went today to have a taste of the participating restaurants and how does it fair to my insatiable appetite. Lunch seems to be a perfect time for a food adventure. I visited two restaurants, Masuki and Akiba Cafe. Serving Chinese and Japanese style respectively, it would be my first time at these stores even though I am a regular at SM Megamall.
Masuki is a Chinese restaurant originally hails from Binondo which has been there since 1930. It has been a family business for generations and now has transformed and expanding its bounderies for its customers. They have gained loyal customers through the years and still offering authentic Chinese menu that marked their name in Chinatown.
Now on their first branch inside a mall, which just opened October last year. Their specialty are Noodles (Mami), Siopao, and Shomai. For this Mega Food Sale, they are offering Eat-all-you-can for Mami and Siopao for only P250.
With noodles that they make themselves makes the Mami very authentic and firm. The siopao are enormous and even good for sharing available in Asado and Bola bola, which has the texture of the siopao that the Chinese would prepare it. Same goes with the shomai that you would need to cut to take a bite. And for all of these, a special "magic sauce" which is a universal flavoring for all enhances all the flavors. With my first bowl of mami and siopao already made me full. This would be great for people with very big appetites and would like to have a taste of authentic old school Chinese food. Masuki is located at the lower ground floor of SM Mega B.
Inspired after a place in Japan, Akiba Cafe is located on the 2nd floor Mega A Building with a maximum seating capacity of 15 people provides as a oasis for mall goers who wants to enjoy coffee or tea without staying in a overcrowded coffee and tea shops. It is also near the events center and cinemas which a great place for people waiting or meet ups.
As a beverage and dessert shop, they offer drinks that goes beyond the usual flavors and flavors giving it an edge over similar shops. For this promo, when you buy 1 and get 50% off on the next Trifle drink!
Indeed the shop has something different to offer its customers like the Matcha Trifle Tea (which they say is no ordinary milk tea, which I do like very much), Green Tea Cheesecake , Original Yogurt Chiru, and Yogurt Soft Cake (using real yogurt gives a sweet and somewhat sour taste that yogurt lovers would appreciate. The Megamall branch is their first and also available for deliveries , they also hope to expand soon. Check out their facebook page and follow them on twitter.
Also check out the other stores with great food promos:
- Sumo Sam (Lower G/F, SM Megamall A)
- Sushi All You Can with bottomless soft drinks for only Php 355.00
- Dulcinea (4/F, SM Megamall Bridgeway) Get Unlimited Churos con Chocolate for only P 108.00 only from 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Gotti’s Ristorante (4/F, Mega Atrium at SM Megamall). Enjoy 50% off on all to-share pastas.
- J.Co Donuts and Coffee (SM Megamall Mega Strip, B) Free (1) J.COOL single with one (1) topping of his/her choice for a minimum purchase of (1) dozen donuts in a single receipt
- The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (3/F, SM Megamall Bridgeway). Free upsize on any drink (Small to Regular / Regular to Large)
- Gumbo (2/F Mega Atrium at SM Megamall). Free Seafood Jambalaya for a minimum receipt of P500 (that's P395 in savings!).
- Masuki (Lower G/F, SM Megamall B). Mami and Siopao all you can for only Php 250.00
- Papa John's Pizza (3/F, SM Megamall A). Enjoy 50% off on the following pizzas: 9" Pepperoni, Hawaiian, Simply Cheese, Margherita
- Chewy Junior (Lower G/F, SM Megamall A). For every purchase of one (1) box of six (6) pieces, get FREE one (1) box of eight (8) minis.
- Pepper Lunch (Upper G/F, SM Megamall A). Get their special Garlic Beef Pepper Rice for only Php 168.00
- Yabu: House of Katsu (2/F Mega Atrium at SM Megamall). Free appetizer set and (2) bottomless lemonades for every order of (2) Katsu sets and All-day bottomless Miso soup for every Katsu set.
AND MANY MORE PROMOS AVAILABLE ONLY ON THE MEGA FOOD SALE!
Per DTI NCR Permit No. A3 – 0842 Series of 2012.