Ready, Prep Set, Party!
The rainy season blew away the warmth of summer, but that shouldn’t be a reason for you to stay wrapped in your blanket in one corner, mourning the loss of endless sunshine. Get out from under the covers, craft a list of movies, layout the mattresses, and bring out your go-to chocolate cupcake recipe – this calls for a movie marathon party!
Preparing food for your parties is now easier thanks to the Tupperware Party Prep Set. This rhubarb colored set is perfect for meal preparations and can also be used in serving food. Each set includes:
- Jr. That’s A Bowl which has a virtually air-tight and liquid-tight seal that keeps food fresh before serving, and can also be used for preparing and mixing batter;
- Merienda Helper comes with a virtually air-tight seal that locks in the freshness of food such as baked goods;
- 2 Spice Shakers (bonus gifts!), which can be used to dispense salt and pepper during meal time or sprinkles and spices when preparing desserts.
What you need for the Cupcake:
- ½ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 vegetable or canola oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk (or yogurt)
- Powdered sugar or sprinkles
What you need for the Butter Cream Frosting:
- ½ cup butter or cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Now, you and your baking buddies are ready to get the party started!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a Jr. That’s A Bowl, whisk the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In another Jr. That’s A Bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely smooth.
- Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then add half of the buttermilk. Gently stir (about 5 stirs). Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk. Stir until combined; do not overmix.
- Pour / spoon the batter into the liners—fill only halfway to avoid spilling over to the sides. Bake in batches for 18-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- To make Butter Cream Frosting, combine butter, sugar, and salt in a Jr. That’s A Bowl.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes until creamy (add more milk if necessary until the frosting reaches spreading consistency). Option: add 2 ounces of chocolate, melted and cooled, or food coloring.
- Top the cupcakes with icing and powder with sugar or sprinkles using the Spice Shakers.
- Serve in the Merienda Helper.
Kiss the rainy blues and hassles of hosting parties goodbye with the new Party Prep Set from Tupperware! This ultimate party partner will help you keep busy, happy, and partying with your friends despite the rainy season. Call in the sleepover club and enjoy a day of meal-making, movie-watching, and munching!