Saturday, August 13, 2011

FOOD STOPS: Marina Restaurant

Marina Restaurant
I am not really Illongo but of course when it comes to food there is no regional exclusiveness. And so far I am really interested about knowing more about the Illongo cusine aside from just La Paz batchoy. Marina restaurant which came from that region originally  is emerging as the place for dining especially for seafood, more particularly osyters! I was invited to have this food trip that was a mix of sea foods and meat favorites like chicken and beef. But I really have to raise a golden spoon for how good those oysters can be! 
I actually came from another food event but saved some space for this since this is one my anticipated chance to taste this freshly flung seafood from Panay-Negros region. 

I actually tasted most of dishes served and it was really nice to expand my foodie knowledge about them. And actually one trivia they shared too us is that in the Vizayas  branches, it just known as Marina, but here in metro manila they labeled it as Ross and Marina (which is to pay homage to the founding couple). And even it may have still several branches here in the metro I think that this resto can actually make a mark as a seafood restaurant that we, fresh seafood-deprived citizens of Manila can actually enjoy.


The oysters are the house specialty and in whatever way they cook them taste very very good, also best when eaten fresh. And since they are 'imported' from Panay where the best seafood comes from.  No doubt, this is one of the best seafood restaurant to date in fud fyt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense leaderboard