FOOD LAB:Pompano Fish Sweet Honey Adobo with Tofu
Pompano Fish Sweet Honey Adobo with Tofu
I Have another Pompano fish recipe that I tried to make after my first recipe (Pompano fish curry in garlic and cinnamon) , For those still not familiar with the Pompano fish, here it is shown below..
|THE POMPANO FISH|
Distributed by FISHTA Seafoods and found in major supermarkets, you can be assured of freshness and free from toxins. A good alternative if you are fed up with the regular fish variants like Tilapia, Bangus, Lapu-lapu or Dalagang Bukid. As a sea water fish
- 1 whole Pompano Fish (Cleaned and sliced a vertically into 4 parts)
- Tofu (cut into cubes and fried)
- Soy Sauce
- Laurel leaves
- A teaspoon of Honey
- After cleaning and slicing the fish into four parts, rub salt and pepper unto fish to infuse flavor
- Heat oil and fry fish but do not deep fry.
- Remove fish from heat and set aside
- Saute tomatoes, garlic and onions and mix with 1/4 cup of water and Soy sauce
- Add the fish and laurel leaves to the sauce and let it simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the fried tofu
- Mix honey to the dish and let it simmer for another minute. Sauce should be a little bit thick and taste sweet.
And viola! Pompano Fish Sweet Honey Adobo with Tofu Just in case you were wondering where you can buy Pompano . They can be purchased at these stores. And for more updates and also visit the I LOVE FISH FACEBOOK PAGE and also FISHTA SEAFOODS FACEBOOK PAGE for more information and for other exciting news and promotions.